A couple of mornings ago a Tweet showed up on my iPad with the amazing note that this classroom blog had been nominated for a Sunshine award! Talk about a lovely way to start off the new year! Jill Clayton nominated mrsantonsclass as one of the blogs on her list of blogs that she wanted to recognize and to “share a little sunshine my way!” I am tickled pink that this blog is on her list! Thank you so much! Her blog The Bird’s Nest is an awesome site!
The object of this award is to recognize other bloggers as well as sharing a bit about yourself! I love the recognizing other bloggers part but have to admit that sharing a bit about myself is not my strong suit! Luckily, there are rules!
While the purpose of this blog is to communicate with my parents and showcase the work of my students I hope you will bear with this diversion from the norm for this occasion! When I told my students about this treat they were very excited and happy to provide the artwork!
Here are the rules:
Acknowledge the nominating blogger. Share 11 random facts about yourself. Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you. List 11 bloggers. They should be bloggers you believe deserve some recognition! Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. (You cannot nominate the blogger who nominated you.)
Here are the 11 random facts about myself!
1. I love iPads and anything to do with iPads! I love finding out about the different apps and how to use them and get kids to create with them.
2. I love anything to do with Paris! If i won the lottery I would be on the next plane back there!
3. I am addicted to Chai Tea Lattes.
4. I love to read! I read a lot!
5. I wish I was smarter!
6. I love yarn. I have a lot of it! I love to knit… Unfortunately I have started a lot of projects and need to finish at least one of them! My husband is hoping that his sweater will be finished some time this decade! In my defense, I did finish a pair of socks for him.
7. I love horseback riding! I have always loved horses and finally got my chance to ride as an adult.
8. I have a lot of cookbooks. I love looking at the pictures and reading them. I think my husband and family wish I would try making some of the recipes too!
9. I spend a lot of time reading other people’s blogs and far too much time on Pinterest! And I love blogging! I have several blogs and it is fun to figure out how things work on the different platforms!
10. I have a great family that really supports me!
11. I believe that it is okay to have too much fun!
Here are my answers to Jill’s questions!
1. If you had an entire day to spend by yourself what would you do? I think I would go and spend it at the barn! There are always lots of things to do at a barn! With a Chai Tea Latte from Starbucks!
2. My favourite animal is a horse! I started horseback riding at the ripe old age of 35! Not an easy thing to do! I love it! I have owned several horses and am currently leasing a wonderful little quarter horse named Parker! I love horses and horseback riding because they require total focus and concentration
3. What worries you about your job? I wish I could absorb more things! I love iPads and technology and I always wish I could figure things out quicker or more easily!
4. If you were a photographer, what images would you capture? I love people pictures!
5. What is your favourite children’s book? Why? No fair! How can you pick just one! I love the Stella stories especially Stella Queen of the Snow! I love the language and the pictures! Love Green Eggs and Ham! Love Sadie and the Snowman! Love Winnie the Pooh! I could go on and on!
6. What is hanging on your living room (any room) wall that you cherish the most? I have some quilts that I made that I am quite fond of…
7. Describe your most memorable road trip or vacation. A couple of years ago I went to Paris with my husband. Then we went on to a place in Portugal where I got to take horseback riding lessons at a wonderful riding school in Alcainca with friends from home! We all met in Portugal and stayed at the riding school and took lessons together!
8. What is your favourite type of cheese? Cranberry and pepper Boursin! Yummy!
9. If you cooked your best meal for your family/friends what would it be? Chicken Pot pie!
10. What do you think about t.v.? I wish there were more good things to watch! My secret vice is home renovation shows…. I love anything by Masterpiece.
11. Who is a person that you would like to get to know more about? I love people so probably the next person I meet!
These are the bloggers I would like to recognize and encourage!
Barb Leyne at GradeONEderful
Sandi at Rubber Boots and Elf Shoes
Matt Gomez at MattBGomez
Kristen Wideen at Mrs. Wideen’s Blog
Kate Lechleiter at Journey with an iPad
Pana Asavavatana at Ms Pana Says
Karen Lirenman at Learning and Sharing with Ms Lirenman
Michelle Hiebert at Kinderpals
Jenna Dixon at Techi Tikes
Liz McCaw at Crazy for Kindergarten
Leka DeGroot at Growing Apples
I hope Jill won’t mind if I ask everyone to answer her questions too!
Please take a moment and visit these blogs. I guarantee you will find something useful!